A Belated Birthday

I don't know how I forgot. Will Mind, Body & Scroll ever forgive me? Last week was this blog's birthday – July 7th. Not sure how I missed it -- perhaps it was the excitement over my own birthday this week and the fact that my mom was arriving from the U.S. for a business trip on Friday.

It's hard to believe I've been blogging for a year now (does this mean I'm a 'real' blogger now?). It's been a learning experience. I started out very ambitiously, convinced I could post Monday through Thursday, but quickly realized that was quite a task with a full-time job and a wedding to plan. I've settled into a twice weekly posting schedule now, which while not as prolific as I'd like to be, will just have to do for now.

I've learned a lot about myself during the year – most importantly what I like to write about. I knew I wanted to discuss my physiotherapy journey and my quite strong opinions on all matters mind and body, including what I've learned from my life and my slightly obsessive relationship with self-help books. But I have been surprised at how much I like to write about everyday life – particularly what it means to be an American expat living in England. That's the thing about any journey – you never quite know where it's actually going to take you.

I would like to say a very big thank you to you, my loyal readers, who have kept with me on the journey all year and have been so supportive – so often telling me that you enjoy my blogging. Thanks for your comments on the site itself and your emails, as well as signing up for email subscriptions and continuing to open those emails. Writers (if I may call myself one) are notoriously insecure and I'm certainly no exception. There have been days where I wonder if I'm just blathering on to no end and it always seems like those are the days when one of you just happens to say something encouraging. It's as if you know. And long may your psychic tap into my brain continue.

It's exciting entering year two of Mind, Body & Scroll and wondering what it will bring. Please do continue to let me know what you think, especially if there are any areas you want me to write more about or specific questions you want me to address. You can comment (you can create a pseudonym if you're shy!) or email me here.

And thanks again for a great year.

Here are five of my favorite posts from the very beginning in case you missed them:



2 comments

  1. Happy (belated) birthday, blog! I've enjoyed the posts and look forward to another year. Perhaps some thoughts on a healthy marriage? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gauntlet has been thrown down... not sure how much of an expert I am on a happy marriage 4 months in, but I agree, it's a good subject to ponder and see what I can come up with. Watch this space. And thanks for the birthday wishes (on behalf of MB&S!).

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top