Casting Call

I've been spending a lot of this year writing. As you may or may not be aware, in early November, for the first time, I finished a full first draft of a book. It's actually printing out as I write this, so I can start my first edit. The old-fashioned kind with a red pen. It's not going to be pretty.

As I continue to work on my draft, I am going to be looking for a few people to hire, for two specific things: a structural edit, and for a cover design. I have found resources to help me look for such skilled people, but I've also found that it can be better to find people by word of mouth.

Also, I am looking for someone to help me redesign this blog.

This summer, I spent way too many hours online trying to figure out if I could update the look and feel of my blog on my own. I learned quite a bit, but not enough to get it done without actually learning some programming skills. And with a full-time job, I've decided that in the spare time I do have, I want to focus on writing -- and not learning how to program.

Ideally I'd like to stay using blogger, so someone with experience in this platform is ideal, although I'm also open to other ideas.

If you, or someone you know, does this sort of work and are interested, please contact me by commenting with your details, or email me directly at mindbodyandscroll [at] yahoo [dot] com. 


To recap, I'm looking for three things:

1. An editor, to do a structural edit of my book.
2. A book cover designer
3. Someone to redesign this blog.

Please let me know if you have any recommendations!

Photo credit: Long queue of people standing on the corner of Collins and Swanston Streets, Melbourne via photopin (license)

No comments

Back to Top